Friday, August 01, 2008

June 2008: Little Getaway






Mike and I were very blessed to have a willing family to watch our boys so that we could go on a mini getaway. We stayed at the Hyatt in La Jolla right next to the San Diego Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the place in which we were married. A most exquisite building, a place of peace and beauty. I always love seeing it. We enjoyed being together just us 2. It is always fun to check into a hotel. Especially when you are child free and not looking frazzled carrying in a million pieces of luggage. Mike "let me" take some photos of him, he mainly just ignored me as I tried to get the perfect lighting in our room. We went down to La Jolla for dinner at this little Mediterranean place. It was so fresh, then we drove around and tried to catch a flick, but we didn't come at the right time. So instead we grabbed Cold Stone to take back to the hotel and watched a really mediocre movie which I can't even remember the name, something like Fools Gold with Matthew M and Kate Hudson.

The next morning we ate our breakfast at the hotel and of course my grace served me well. The breakfast was a self serve buffet in the center of this large open ceiling in the main part of the hotel. Of course I knocked the serving spoon out of one of the dishes, and having the cat-like reflexes of a multi-tasking Mom, I tried to "catch" the berry puree covered spoon with inside of my lower leg, you know, like a hacky sack, since my hands were full. Instead it ricocheted off my leg against the buffet server making a loud CLANG and onto the floor attracting every well-dressed, business traveling person to watch me as I awkwardly bent down to pick up the spoon. Brilliant I tell you! Now I know why Mike keeps me around-comedy relief- the unintentional kind. We then went up to Moonlight Beach where there was a surfing contest. It was a perfect day at the beach. We just enjoyed 2 lazy days together. Thanks Liz and Mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...