Saturday, July 09, 2011

Being Projected Back into Life

It is amazing to me how much lighter I felt yesterday.  So much more able to tackle the everyday tasks of life.  I felt such relief and happiness surrounding Abigail's continued recovery.  It really projected me back into living, equipped with more energy than I had had in days.  I began to chisel away at the Everest dish pile that had accumulated in my sink and its neighbor "Mt. Washmore' {as my friend calls it}.  Much to the delight of my poor, neglected children.  My two oldest, Owen and Eyan, both commented to me the night before on separate occasions,
"Mom, are you going to do the dishes?"
They have been wearing clothes that they have had to hunt for, in pairings I would usually never allow.   Button down yellow and red plaid shirt.  Elastic band navy and white basketball shorts.  Yikes!  Holey navy and white soccer shirt.  Black and white striped shorts with oatmeal ground into the back of the leg. Wow!

Gratefully I had the foresight that morning to finally throw in a load of laundry since I knew we had to emerge from our cave later that day.  Yes, I had to leave the house and I think it was about time.  I have to say that I was not looking forward to taking all four children to the dentist by myself, but I had put it off long enough.  My poor little Eyan has had his adult teeth growing behind his baby teeth for an extended amount of time and a trip to Dr. Billings, the amazing singing dentist, was long overdue.  With a succession of long deep breaths, a hopeful prayer in my heart, the "Remember there are 4 of you and 1 of Mom" speech, and some string cheese in my diaper bag, I was ready to tackle the next hour or so.  I have to say that it was an absolute miracle!  The kids were INCREDIBLE!  So obedient.  So quiet.  So polite.  It was heaven sent.  Eyan was so brave as they pulled his stubborn two bottom teeth.  Dr. Billings and her staff really do a phenomenal job with the kids.   We also always come away having learned a new song.  This time we discovered that Little Bunny Foo-Foo was actually turned into a goon because the Good Fairy didn't like his attitude.  Hmmm.  Never knew.  She also introduced us in the next verse to Foo-Foo's sister Fifi, who was actually praised for her attitude.  Apparently the Good Fairy played favorites.

Joe came last night.  If you are not aware, Joe is the tooth fairy that lives under the stairs and collects teeth to make his house.  I suspect that Joe may be a tooth fairy in training though because he has had a really sketchy past in our house.  A little too inconsistent to be the tooth fairy.  {Read about his forgetfulness here.}  I'm inclined to give him a break though, I think he may be overworked and underpaid.  Well here is my darling little Eyan with his new smile.  Teeth, note, and money in hand {apparently Joe didn't have anything smaller than a $5 in his wallet or he just felt that having your first 2 teeth yanked out merited a 5 spot}.


4 comments:

  1. I am a pediatric cardiology nurse from canada and my friends (the crippens know you guys). Anyways i hope and prayer for the best for little abigail. She is so precious and beautiful. What a sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute smile. I am so glad that things are going well with Abigail. What a relief for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What miracles you must have witnessed Kamry. Thank you both for taking the time to comment. It has been a great relief to hear of her progress each day! Thank you both.
    Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh love this post.. love Joe... and I LOVE the singing dentist.

    I really think you have such an awesome mom heart!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...