Wednesday, January 16, 2013

thank you


how do i transition from such a weighty post as my last...
to express gratitude of course
i wanted to thank all of you who responded to my admission of deep struggle with the acceptance of my husband’s illness
to those who took the time to reach out to me through email, text, Instagram, Facebook, doorstep surprises, and straight up hugs
some of you with just a few simple kind words to let me know that you care about me, that i was on your mind and in your heart
others of you sent me lengthy personal messages sharing your own trials and battle with acceptance and how you were struggling or how you overcame
lessons of growth, lessons of triumph
oh how i needed to hear all of these
i even received a few that challenged me to really think about difficult issues that emerged from my words, which helped to remind me and some even to reshape my ideas of God’s will, God’s nature, suffering, and our personal mission here on this earth
i’m listening 
i’m pondering 
i’m being stretched and it hurts a little
but i know that through my Savior’s strength and enabling power of the Atonement, i will be made new to rise to my heavy task as i submit and accept
submit and accept, the essential first task at hand

this reminds me once again of my favorite scripture
i think people have favorite scriptures for various reasons: peace, reassurance, reminders, encouragement, resonance of truth, displays of courage
mine reminds me that Heavenly Father is aware of me and my struggles and reveals to me a way that I must live in order to be happy
and as i have lived my life in this manner i have witnessed miracles of a renewed fervor, faith, and energy for life
a fullness and a joy 
yea, the Lord did strengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease, and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will of the Lord
cheerfully
cheerfully
with patience
to ALL the will

thank you again for the extending of your hands and lives to help me through this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...