Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Safe in My Arms


Your baby blues
So full of wonder
Your curly cues
Your contageous smile
And as I watch
You start to grow up
All I can do is hold you tight

Knowing clouds will rage in
And storms will race in
But you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down
Waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms

As I saw these loving photos of Abigail wrapped in snuggly blankets and encircled in the arms of her adoring parents, it reminded of a powerfully beautiful song called "In My Arms" by Plumb. {You can listen to it by selecting it in my playlist in the right hand column}

Although nothing makes you feel that your child is as safe as when they are in your arms, as your children grow up life necessitates that you let them go, whether to school, a neighbor's home, a party, a mission, or in the hands of a trusted surgeon. We must remember what the Lord has promised us,

"I will encircle thee in the arms of my love." Doctrine & Covenants 6:20

And has demonstrated that He

"encircles them in the arms of safety" Alma 34:16

It is 8:20 am and Abigail has just been taken in to surgery. We all trust in the Lord to encircle our sweet Abigail in his arms of love and safety.





***UPDATE Oct. 19 11:15 am***

I received a text from my brother Luke who was able to travel to Utah with my mom and sister to be there for the surgery. He said that the surgeon told them that surgery could take up to 6 hours. The nurse just came out and told them that the surgery was going well but that they were just starting the repairs to Abigail's heart. Continue those prayers! Thank you.

***UPDATE Oct. 19 2:26pm***

I am still waiting to hear if Abigail has come out of surgery. My mother texted me about two hours ago that Abigail had been stable during the entire surgery so far and probably only had an hour to go...one hour later...no update...2 hours later...still no update. Anxiously awaiting word!

***Update Oct 19 3:15 pm from my phone***
Abigail is out of surgery and in the CICU. We are so grateful that it was successful although it is difficult to see her in this state. Kathy, Jani's mom, sent me this photo. She said it feels like starting all over and how her heart is breaking! I felt a rush of gratitude but also a crushing of my heart seeing her surrounded by all that equipment.
She will possibly need to be in the hospital for 2 more weeks. They are currently working on getting her blood pressure down. Please continue to pray for her little body. Thank you dear friends and family members. I know your strength has been felt today.


***UPDATE Oct 19 4:55 pm***
Abigail is beginning to move around a little bit.  I can only imagine that it will become increasingly difficult to keep all these cords and tubes intact once she is back to her energetic self.  Here is an incredible photo that Kathy sent to me, the 11 monitors {8 in front, 3 in back} regulating all of the medicines for Abigail, each one attached to a syringe.  Poor little thing.


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...