- Had to have knee surgery after a skiing date went awry.
- I’m California royalty.
- Knocked out my front teeth when I was eight. A comedic novel could be written about my teeth problems.
- Love to travel-been to Paris 2x, French Riviera, London, Barcelona, Italy & Mexico City
- Been in 2 car accidents- one involving a dirt jump & the other a concrete wall
- My husband read Harry Potter 1-4 to me and did all the different voices and accents
- While giving a talk at church in front of the entire congregation, a haggard looking man who had walked in from off the street began approaching me on the stand proclaiming to be Jesus. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t him.
- Hate to cook, but luckily married a man who does, he even goes grocery shopping
- Love to play games and create new ones for all sorts of occasions
- Want to learn to sail before I die
- Never colored my hair, the day is sadly approaching I’m sure
- Save everything, can’t bear to throw things away
- Extremely accident prone –once got my shoe stuck under the door while saying goodnight to my date. People often say, “It could only happen to you.”
- Favorite tastes: balsamic vinegar, mushrooms, pesto, avocado, my mom’s strawberry shortcake, a good bread, banana & nutella crepe
- Can’t live without music
- Dated an Italian foreign exchange student one summer
- My cure-alls: sound of the ocean waves, ice cream, Peachy-‘o’s, Skittles, delphiniums
- Created wallpaper in my dorm room from all the Skittles I ate; came home w/ five cavities
- Love being surrounded by color
- Sewed all my boy’s nursery & bedroom bedding because I couldn’t find any I liked; LA’s Fashion District is super fun
- Always manage to pick out the most expensive item when shopping, it is now a game with my husband at the store (thanks Mom, I inherited that from you)
- Love to dance, my parents hired a DJ for my 30th b-day party
- In high school I drove a Honda Civic bought in Compton with ground effects, fixed muffler, heavily tinted windows, and a removable steering wheel. Loved it!
- My first job was at In N Out - still carry the huge safety pin as my key chain, was once almost confiscated at the airport but I was pregnant & cried so they let me keep it.
- Always wanted to play the guitar. Hubbie skipped lunches for months to buy me one, now all I need is lessons.
- Absolutely love to take photos. Have a nice camera but don’t know how to use it.
- First met my future in-laws with my face completely painted blue & white.
- Fall is my favorite season (in locations where 4 seasons actually exist), love the sound of the breeze through the different colored aspen leaves.
- Wish had more excuses to do new things or at least things I used to do:-)
- A mix-tape of my life, Side A:
September- Earth Wind & Fire
Together Forever- Rick Astley
To Be With You – Mr. Big
Estoy Aqui - Shakira
Groove Is In the Heart – Dee-lite
Canon in D – Pachelbel
Come What May – Nicole Kidman & Ewan McGregor
When You Say Nothing at All- Ronan Keating
Sweetest Thing – U2
Only You –Yaz
Come Back Down - Lifehouse
Stolen – Dashboard Confessional
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
September 2009: Random Facts Day
Ok, so Day 2 of this spotlight. Tuesday is Random Facts Day. I had to come up with 30 random things about myself. It was a tough thing to do. It was actually kind of fun to remember all the "random" stuff that has happened in my life when forced to do it. I have never filled out one of those emails that I get forwarded that ask you all kinds of questions (I apologize because I'm sure some of you have sent them to me) because then I'll have to make a decision about whether I'm a cake or ice cream person. Why should I have to choose? This random thing is much better, no pressure to fit my answers into any sort of category. I'm sure some of these may be familiar to you:-) So here they are in random order: