Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Summer Tunes

We love music in our home.  One of our favorite family activities is having a Dance Party, just turning up the music and busting some moves in the Family Room.  The boys ask to have one all the time.



that blur is Tate doing an awesome cartwheel



The past few days I have been in a classical mood, so I've been "introducing" my boys to some of the classics: Vivaldi, Mozart, Beethoven, Bach...  The funny thing was that I played them a piece and then Eyan said..."Oh I've heard this before, its on Peggle {some silly little game on Mike's Iphone they play together}"  or "That's on the Silly Symphony Swings {a ride at Disney's California Adventure}.  Eyan really does have a great ear.  This happened to at least four of the pieces.  So I guess I'll have to give credit to Disneyland and the silly little video game for subconsiously introducing classical music to my children.  I grew up with my mom listening to Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" and Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" and other classics all the time.  Of course there was also De Barge, the B-52s, Joni Mitchell, and CCR playing from our enormous 5 level stereo system.

This morning we were all in a little different mood, a SUMMER mood.  The song, "Sugar Sugar" by the Archies filled the air during breakfast time.  From there the boys decided on a variety of songs to create their Summer Fun Playlist. {ok I added a few too - a boycotted a few too - not too keen on Jennifer Lopez's "On the Floor" to be blaring on my blog.}

Playlist.com has been such a fun little tool to create and share our favorite music.  Unfortunately {and maybe a few of you are saying "fortunately" instead} you can no longer add new playlists to your blog in which the music starts up automatically.  So if you'd like to hear the boys' new Summer Fun Playlist, head on over to the right hand column and scroll down a bit to hit PLAY.

{Ok so just listened to the playlist on my blog and found out that they play advertisements between some of the songs -- so annoying!  I will be finding a new site to do my playlists through.  Sorry}

Would love to hear some of your favorite summer tunes!

{Some more Hipstamatic photos, ok so I'm still playing:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...