Monday, July 29, 2013

{a world of good} heather, a cancer survivor story


it is my honor this morning to feature another force for good in this world
heather von st james
a mesothelioma cancer survivor
who is sharing her hope and life with others
through a message she is proclaiming to the world
with hope, odds don't matter

i felt so humbled to receive an email from heather sharing her story with me
knowing that she recognized from what she read here on my blog
that ours is a community of caring and compassion
a place where hearts are shared, comfort given, and outreach made

it brings me great joy to help spread the work
of someone so dedicated to the wellbeing of others
for that is what my daddy did here on this earth as well
he worked tirelessly to 
succor the weak
lift up the hands which hang down
and strengthen the feeble knees                                           {Doctrine and Covenants 81:5}

lets give a warm Sweet Dreams are Made of These welcome 
to the courageous and beautiful Heather
as she introduces us to her journey of pain and triumph
I am 44 and a mother to a quirky little 7 year old, Lily. She is my only child, and my whole world. When Lily was just 3 1/2 months old, I was diagnosed with mesothelioma; a type of cancer that kills most people within 2 years. As I’m sure you can imagine, the first thing that came to mind when I was diagnosed was my baby girl and how I wasn’t going to be able to watch her grow up.

After intense treatment and recovery, I’m still here 7 years later and cancer free! My journey with cancer was a terrifying one and I'd like to turn my pain into purpose and become someone that other people can look to for guidance, inspiration, and hope in situations like my own. My husband and I recently participated in a short video about my experience with cancer. I’m hoping to use this video as a tool to raise awareness of this horrible little known cancer that is such a deadly killer (and sadly, 100% preventable).

come listen to her and her husband cameron's courageous story
and witness her vibrant spirit
as she uses dedicates her life to helping those who have lost hope
to feel its outreaching beams once again
i have been accused my whole life of wearing rose colored glasses
and seeing life very optimistically
i have no intention of ever taking them off
there was no option other than living through this
i was going to beat it no matter what
there is more hope now than there ever was
so don't give up
don't take a death sentence is a diagnosis
there is hope



i invite you to share this video 
and connect with heather
read more of her spirit and love for life on her blog
living life with passion and purpose
heartbreak and healing
on visit her on facebook here
let her know what an inspiration she is
and to keep up her outreach to help those affected by asbestos, cancer, and any who have lost hope

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...